Webster and Horsfall was responsible for manufacturing the first successfully transatlantic telegraph cable.
- Saudi Arabia steps backwards despite high oil pricesFor a nation, what's a year? Well, in the timing of the bigger picture, not much. Still, a year can cast its shadows long and fast. Essentially, as I was analyzing the ebb and flow of oil prices the past year, I couldn't but reflect on the changes a year can make. A year ago, […]
- Iran tensions to send oil price past $150 - againAfter scaling a three-year high of $79 a barrel, oil prices fell taking a nine percent drop on the back of better supplies, resumption of Libyan oil production and increased Saudi oil output. But the reversal began soon enough with the prices climbing back. Plenty of reasons? Let's say a single one - sanctions on […]
- Sanctions and oil pricesEver heard of harmony in oil prices? Recently, Brent crude oil hovered near the $80 mark, the maximum since November 2014. So it goes. Oil prices are on a rage, riding on a more than three-year high. The increase in prices comes on the backdrop of geopolitical tensions and sanctions tightening the supple oil market. […]
- Is Volatility in Oil Price on the Way, Again ?Experts say that you shouldn't look at your pension investments too often as you might make unwise decisions. I don't follow this advice. The reason that I'm drawn to tending my pension spreadsheet weekly, if not daily, is two-fold. First, I'm told by professionals who read the tea leaves on this sort of thing that […]
- 5 Oil Price Predictions for 2018It is the time of the year again for our highly anticipated oil price related predictions for 2018. As our millions of faithful readers are aware, we have a rather impressive track record -from predicting the formation of ISIS to the crash of oil prices; from presenting Trump's potential oil policies to the forecast of […]