Webster and Horsfall was responsible for manufacturing the first successfully transatlantic telegraph cable.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Aramco's IPO and oil pricesWhatever it is, you wouldn't want to be the oil minister of Saudi Arabia. Forget the exciting remuneration, you'll have to have thick skin, extraordinarily embittered at that, to wade over the thankless challenges. For one, the Kingdom shows all signs of nervousness. Over that, September's drone strikes on Saudi oil facilities wiped out half […]
- The battle for Libyan oilNot long ago, we heard of Libya's long drawn path to freedom. Remember Gaddafi and the civilian uprising in the country? The Arab spring, as it swept Libya unsparing the authoritarian Gaddafi regime, promised to have ushered in a new beginning. But eight years on, how is Libya? Well, the country is mercilessly split between […]
- Waking into our new volatile age of oil pricesConsider some recent headlines: "World Bank Warns Of Extreme Volatility In Oil Markets", "International Energy Agency Head: Oil markets are entering an era of unprecedented volatility" and "Oil prices spike, stocks plummet as uncertainty roils global markets - Washington Post" . All was calm when I predicted in February 2018 at oil-price.net […]
- 4 oil price predictions for 2019Last year, we gave out five blazing predictions as we stepped into a brand new 2018. And, how did we fare? Well, the year isn't new anymore but we did get 5 out of 5 of our predictions right! Self-congratulations are in order reaffirming why you read us. For 2019, really it's more of the […]
- Saudi Arabia steps backwards despite high oil pricesFor a nation, what's a year? Well, in the timing of the bigger picture, not much. Still, a year can cast its shadows long and fast. Essentially, as I was analyzing the ebb and flow of oil prices the past year, I couldn't but reflect on the changes a year can make. A year ago, […]