Webster & Horsfall is a 300 year old West Midlands-based SME. It specialises in the manufacture of high-value, niche-use wire and strip. Over the past few years the company has been collaborating with the University of Birmingham on a number of projects that seek to promote innovation and growth within the company. This video focuses on a recently completed Accelerating Business-knowledge Base Innovation Activity (ABIA) project that Webster & Horsfall worked on with the University, which has led to further collaborations and additional funding leveraged.
- Is Volatility in Oil Price on the Way, Again ?Experts say that you shouldn't look at your pension investments too often as you might make unwise decisions. I don't follow this advice. The reason that I'm drawn to tending my pension spreadsheet weekly, if not daily, is two-fold. First, I'm told by professionals who read the tea leaves on this sort of thing that […]
- 5 Oil Price Predictions for 2018It is the time of the year again for our highly anticipated oil price related predictions for 2018. As our millions of faithful readers are aware, we have a rather impressive track record -from predicting the formation of ISIS to the crash of oil prices; from presenting Trump's potential oil policies to the forecast of […]
- Stable oil prices herald sea change for Strategic Petroleum ReserveStrategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) is a repository of crude oil for emergency purposes built primarily in countries dependent on oil imports. Stored in four deep underground salt caverns along Texas and Louisiana Gulf coasts, SPR in the US is the world's largest. Its intended purpose is to cushion against sudden shocks in the oil market. […]
- Impact of Hurricanes on oil pricesHarvey, making landfall as a Category 4 hurricane, battered southeast Texas a few days ago. Though downgraded to a tropical storm later on, it left a trail of massive destruction including loss of lives, in its wake. With many parts receiving more than fifty inches of rain, Houston, the fourth largest city in the US, […]
- Thank finance for sharp oil price declineAlready, crude oil prices are down by well more than 18% compared to early 2017. Oil production has risen in countries like Libya and Nigeria. Quite naturally, with above 'target' production in Saudi Arabia too, oil supply rose by 720,000 barrels a day across the world including 340,000 barrels a day in OPEC countries this […]